The University of Michigan Private Equity Club at the Ross School of Business is the hub for Ross students seeking to pursue a career in and learn more about the private equity industry. The PE club provides educational speaker events, training, and resources that give students the opportunity to cultivate strong networks with leading industry members and like-minded peers. Club members also receive access to the fall Michigan Private Equity Conference for industry professionals.
For PE professionals interested in connecting with our members about career opportunities, please contact any of the leadership members below.
Spencer Hughes | firstname.lastname@example.org
Spencer Hughes is a second year MBA student at the University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business. Prior to business school, he worked in private equity for three years at RFE Investment Partners in New Canaan, CT. This past summer, Spencer interned at Rockbridge Growth Equity in Detroit, MI. Spencer holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from Babson College.
Juan Canizares | email@example.com
Juan Canizares is a second year MBA student at the University of Michigan Stephen M. Ross School of Business. Prior to business school, he worked in banking, two years in the strategy group at HSBC in New York and prior to that worked five years in the investment banking group at HSBC in Bogota, Colombia. This past summer, Juan interned at NextGen Growth Partners in Chicago, IL. Juan holds a Bachelor of Finance and International Relations from Universidad Externado de Colombia, Bogotá, Colombia.
Vijita Kamath | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vijita is a junior in the Ross School of business with a dual degree in mathematics. Last summer, she interned at Telemus Capital in their credit investing division and helped a 2010 Michigan alumni start his own hedge fund in San Diego. Next year, she will be joining Barclays Capital in their investment banking division. Vijita enjoys dancing, watching musicals, and trying new food from different parts of the world.
• LBO Training
• Speaker Series
• Private Equity Career Panel
• Private Equity Conference Networking Reception
• New Venture Creation ES 615
• Leading a Family Business ES 627
• Entrepreneurship via Acquisitions ES 516
• Venture Capital Finance ES/FIN 623
• Private Equity Finance ES/FIN 624
• Entrepreneurial Turnaround Management ES 735
• Managing the Growth of New Ventures
• Global Private Equity ES/FIN 626
• Real Estate Finance & Investments I FIN 566
• Real Estate Finance & Investments II FIN 567
• Global Strategy Strat 623
• Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Development Strat 682
• Michigan Blue Venture Fund ES 401
• Corporate Financing Decisions FIN 317
• Financial Modeling FIN 475
• Family Business FIN 427
• Private Equity Law LAW 499
Link to more courses.
New York Times Dealbook
Preqin (Login Required)
Bloomberg “Deal of the Week” Podcast
Kresge Library – Finance: Private Equity & Deals
• PitchBook (MBA access only)
• Corporate Affiliations
Club membership provides access to the annual Michigan Private Equity Conference attendee list as well as networking at the pre-conference dinner reception.