The University of Michigan Private Equity Club at the Ross School of Business is the hub for Ross students at both the undergraduate and graduate level seeking to pursue a career in and learn more about the private equity industry. The PE club provides educational speaker events, training, and resources that give students the opportunity to cultivate strong networks with leading industry members and peers with similar career interests. Club members also receive access to the fall Michigan Private Equity Conference for industry professionals.
For PE professionals interested in learning more about the club or connecting with our members about career opportunities, please see the Club website or contact any of the leadership members below.
Matt Williamson, Co-President | firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt is a full-time MBA student focusing on finance and strategy. At Ross, in addition to the Private Equity Club, he is an Investment Manager for the International Investment Fund. Prior to Ross, Matt was a Vice President in the Disputes & Investigations group at Duff & Phelps. He consulted for several top law firms, managing engagements focused on M&A, bankruptcies, and other commercial litigation cases across a variety of sectors. Matt is a CFA charterholder and holds a B.S. in Finance and Mathematics from the University of Richmond.
Fenn Hoffman, Co-President | email@example.com
Fenn is a full-time MBA student focusing on finance. At Ross, in addition to the Private Equity Club, he is on the leadership teams of the Investment Management Club and Wolverine Venture Fund. Prior to Ross, Fenn spent four years in equity research at Evercore ISI, where he covered mid-cap and large-cap enterprise software and cyber-security stocks. Fenn holds a B.A. in English and Art from Williams College.
• Financial Modeling Training
• Speaker Series
• Private Equity Conference Networking
• Private Equity Treks
• Search Fund Seminar
• New Venture Creation ES 615
• Leading a Family Business ES 627
• Entrepreneurship via Acquisitions ES 516
• Venture Capital Finance ES/FIN 623
• Private Equity Finance ES/FIN 624
• Entrepreneurial Turnaround Management ES 735
• Managing the Growth of New Ventures
• Global Private Equity ES/FIN 626
• Real Estate Finance & Investments I FIN 566
• Real Estate Finance & Investments II FIN 567
• Global Strategy Strat 623
• Mergers, Acquisitions & Corporate Development Strat 682
• Michigan Blue Venture Fund ES 401
• Corporate Financing Decisions FIN 317
• Financial Modeling FIN 475
• Family Business FIN 427
• Private Equity Law LAW 499
Link to more courses.
Through the Kresge Library and Tozzi Center, students have access to a plethora of business resources including, but not limited, to:
• S&P Capital IQ
For a more exhaustive list of resources, please visit the Kresge Library.